LinkedIn: Jacob Taylor's LinkedIn
Contact info: [here]
PDF copy of this page is located: [here]
Skilled Technologist/Global Studies graduate seeking employment.
My portfolio of work for graduation from CSU Monterey Bay.
BA Global Studies, California State University, Monterey Bay (2013-2015) GPA: 3.85
- Capstone paper topic was on blockchain technology, human/machine shared identity, the internet of things, and how we should think about a cognizant environment
- Technical Liaison for Globalization 2.0: US-India digital hybrid-online course taught by Dr. Ajit Abraham
- Received World Affairs Council Singleton Scholarship for excellence in International Studies
- Vice President CSUMB Delta Pi chapter of Sigma Iota Rho, an International Studies Honor Society (F2014-S2015)
- Coursework: International Development, Dilemmas in Humanitarianism, Global Politics, Global Political Economy, Global Ecology, Anthropology of Education, World Views, GIS, and Historical Approaches
AA International Studies, Cuesta College, San Luis Obispo, CA (2009-2013)
- Coursework: Macro+Micro Economics, World Politics, Comparative Government, Political Philosophy, French 201+202, Cultural Geography, Cultural Anthropology, Social Psychology, Fundamentals of Computer Science, x86 Assembly Programming, Fundamentals of Electronics, U.S. History, Public Address, U.S. Government and Politics, English Composition and Critical Thinking, and Fiber Networking
Davinci High School, Davis, CA (2006-2009)
- Gates Foundation-Funded New Tech High School built around Project Based Learning and modeled after the workplace
- Technology-first education: emphasized full technological literacy, group collaboration, leadership, negotiation and compromise
- Built and tested Dell laptop fleet for student body in 2008
- Spearheaded student laptop repair team of three after school district removed professional support position from 2007-2009
Offers Network, San Luis Obispo, CA (07/2016-present)
- Systems Administrator (remote) at small automated marketing company
- Migrated company from RHEL to Ubuntu Server
- Manage video production pipeline, including RETS XML ingest
- Rewrote XML ingest (PHP) pipeline using PHRETS and EasyDB
- Built a new product in Bootstrap
Design Laurels, San Francisco (2013/06-2015/05)
- Project Coordinator at boutique design firm
- Lead client support
- Built websites [HTML5/CSS3/JS] from mockups
- Optimized client website hosting, and made it profitable
Kevin Wolf and Associates, Davis, CA (2004-2009)
- Performed IT support for executive staff
- Solved technical issues in a timely fashion to keep the business running smoothly
- Self-managed to stay on budget and on timeline
United States Geological Survey, Sacramento, CA (Spring 2008)
- Installed and configured embedded monitoring systems based on Windows XP embedded and LogMeIn Hamachi using Verizon cellular cards
- Created, implemented, and refined the standardized procedure for installing the monitoring systems' OS images
- I'm a welcome wagon for fc00 / CJDNS, a FOSS mesh networking software with source-based-routing using a DHT (~Kademlia), and end to end encryption (Curve25519-Poly1305-Salsa20). Each user generates a public/private keypair; their fc00::/8 IP address is derived from that public key. In addition to helping new people find project resources, I help the project leader maintain consistency between his stated philosophy, and the software as-implemented.
- I run a large bittorrent tracker which serves between 5.5 million to 6.5 million peers at a time. This is how I support the free exchange of culture.
Community Involvement & Organizations
Sigma Iota Rho Honor Society for International Studies (S2014-S2015)
- Vice President Delta Pi Chapter, F2014 – S2015
Participated in Social Justice and CSUMB@20 Colloquium, where we built a first draft of a new vision statement for our university. Spring 2015
Participated in the Ignite! Social Justice and Leadership Retreat. Spring 2015
Participated in CSUMB Connections Conference, a 1 day leadership development course. Spring 2015
Team Member, FIRST Robotics team #1678 (2005-2009)
- Each year, for four years, built 5 cubic foot robot and controller in six weeks, and programmed it to complete complex tasks.
- Mechanical Team (2005-2008)
- Built a robot with ingenuity, duct tape, and zip ties.
- Fundraised capital for the team’s operation by finding and working with sponsors
- Team Webmaster (2008-2009)
- Wrote and maintained the team’s website with timely news and sponsorship information for the team
- Co-designed team logo, still in use, as well as team name "Citrus Circuits"
Participated in Close Up (Washington D.C., politics intensive) during Spring 2009
- One week immersion in D.C. studying US Government, functions, and principal actors
- 18 hour days spent up close and personal with US representatives and their staff
- Fund-raised entire cost of attendance ($2100)
Spoke at City Council meeting, and organized successful student protest against funding cuts to our school district in 2009
Filmed a video production supporting Measure W in Davis, CA in 2008
Trained as Red Cross Disaster Action Team member (2005-2006)
References are available upon request.